I love my gas stove, but I just don’t think it is that into me

Monday, June 8, 2009

I love to cook with gas, it heats up fast, it’s great for sauteing, brazing, making rue, and all the other fancy cooking terms I pretend that I’m good at because I watch way too much food network.
But I’m a bit of an absent minded cook especially when I have a bun in the oven. Eva came in while I was face booking and told me it smelled like marshmallow. I had just started to boil water so I had no Idea what could be burning. But when I when to investigate I found that I had set another pot holder on fire. This surprisingly it does smell just like a toasted marshmallow. This is now the 6th or 7th time I have done this so I wasn’t too surprised nor was it hard to clean up, I have it down to a science now. But I think my future stove purchases will be electric to prevent me from putting my house up in flames

1 comments:

Jana Banana said...

Gas stoves scare me!! But our electric/glass surface cracked and melted on top and I can only use 3 of the 4 burners (my bad)...it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new stove. Gotta love it! Don't know which is better!