good news and bad news

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm doing pretty well overall on my medication if I stay away from my triggers, but over the last week or two Ive had some really bad days. Nate and I were trying to figure out why. My Dr told me that caffeine could be a trigger so I have stayed very clear of all questionable Mormon drinks and it has helped a ton. But I forgot that chocolate has caffeine in it and I figured oh there is not enough to hurt me anyway. So when Cadbury Mini-Eggs went on sale I ate them up without thinking twice. Well the good thing is I know what a big trigger is for me now, and I can stay away from it and feel better. But the bad thing is that chocolate is my trigger too. I'm in mourning right now. Oh chocolate how I will miss you. I think after I'm pregnant I'm going to break down and eat all the chocolate I can see but I will try to be really good until then (we just have to get past Easter first).

6 comments:

sarah louise said...

When I was pregnant with Alec chocolate made me very sick and I had to go 9 months without it. It was hard. And the hardest part was Easter time. There are so many good chocolates at Easter. Good luck! It sucks.

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Sorry Gretta!! I'll eat twice as much this Easter just for you:)

Miles Family said...

Welcome, your one step closer to joining me. Now just take away all sugary treats and you'll be in my world (your in my world now grandma!). I love you and I'm sorry, I feel your pain. But mine is permanent.

Randolph-Seng`s said...

OH thats aweful i couldn`t live with out my choc!! You need to find a new addiction....I bet you could try choc. milk?? that cant have a lot in it! You`ll be eating more peeps then you thought this year...

Kimberlee said...

No chocolate or caffeine? You might as well spend the next 174 days (got it off you ticker :) in bed!

The Bennett Family said...

That would be my worst nightmare! So sorry...you will probably need to go on a chocolate spree in a few months.