Why Why Why

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Why does every little girl, and sometimes boy, feel the need to cut there own hair. Why! I just don't get it. Especially Eva. If you remember from our old blogs she cries and cries when she gets her hair cut. But that did not stop her from trying it out herself. She saw a commercial for a Barbie that you can cut her hair and then it magically re-attaches. She was very upset when daddy explained that this hair would not re-attach.
Luckily it wasn't as bad as it could have been. I have heard of girls having to shave their daughter's hair because it was beyond saving. And it isn't even as bad as I Imaged when I woke up from my nap with no Nate and no Eva and a sink full of long hair. (he had to take her to get a hat to calm her down)
Her hair really isn't that bad most of it was taken care of with a quick trim and the rest is very easily combed over.
The thing that looks funny is her eyebrow. I think mommy needs to trim and pluck her eyebrows after the kiddos go to bed from now on. I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as trim your eyebrows Barbie.


Before comb over After comb over
Good thing Myers eyebrows grow really really fast. This is the one and only time I hoped that Eva has my eyebrow growing gene.

As for you Barbie, you are officially on warning.

4 comments:

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

I remember the first time I cut of my hair and made a nice mullet. I was 5, I got gum in my hair and mom didn't let us have gum so I cut it out myself then I had to cut the other side to make it even. I wish mom took a piture.

Kimberlee said...

She trimmed up her eyebrow too? SHUT-UP! I can honestly say that is the first time I have heard of a kid trimming their eyebrows. Thank goodness for the Myers' brows huh!

tracifree said...

What a strange world: Charlotte gave herself her first haircut this weekend as well. She told Matt she was giving haircuts and he sort of waved her away "that's great honey". Both she and Cooper received a (ahem) trim.

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

They all do it. Jill was coloring and her hair kept falling in her face so she cut it off and went right back to coloring. The eyebrow is the first time I've seen that though. Too funny!