Survivorman

Sunday, August 3, 2008

As I mentioned earlier, Gretta and the girls are out of town and will be gone for about 10 days. That begs the question, can Nate survive for a week alone in Albuquerque New Mexico.

Day 1: Well the first thing I need to do is get my bearings and find some food. That is going to be key to surviving the next week. Luckily I have my handy debit card and a list of take out phone numbers. I've also got my Wii and my new Legend of Zelda game to help me through the week.

Day 2: It was a rough night last night. I played Zelda til about 12:30 before I decided I'd better go to bed. Instead of hitting 'SNOOZE' I hit off on my alarm clock and I was consequently 30 minutes late for work. Normally my girls make sure I don't get into that deep of a sleep.

Day 3: This is great. I was able to find a whole roasted chicken and a 12-pack of Mountain Dew at the grocery store. That should give me the energy I need to survivie for the next few days. I forgot to feed the fish today, so I hope he doesn't die.

Day 4: I'm down to my last clean pair of underwear. I had better find some way to get some more or I'm going to be pretty stinky when I go to work tomorrow. Maybe I'll try my luck with the underwear cleaning machine that Gretta uses to make my undies clean.

Day 5: By an amazing stroke of luck I was able to find a clean basket of laundry that Gretta had left for me. So it looks like I won't be the stinkiest pharmacy student at the hospital today. I forgot to feed the fish again, I'm going to call him survivorfish if he makes it through the week. I also found the bow and arrow on Zelda so I will be making some nice progress on my game.

Day 6: Well my chicken is gone, the milk has gone bad, and I'm down to my last few cans of Mountain Dew. I'm going to have to ration until I can make it back to the store. Hopefully there I can find a bag of Doritos to sustain me through the night. If I'm really lucky maybe I'll find a Taco Bell because I've been thinking outside of the bun lately anyway.

Day 7: I went to church by myself today. It was hard. I didn't have anyone to share their snacks with me. Nobody cried for me to take them out of sacrament meeting. Nobody had anything for me to help them color. Nobody had any toys for me to play with. The only thought that cheered me up was one of my primary kids telling me that Iron Man is at the dollar theater. I think I'm going to watch Iron Man tomorrow.

I miss you Gretta. Survivorfish misses you too. Love you and see you soon.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like what would happen if I left Curtis to fend for himself. Pretty funny...you crack me up Nate. Don't forget to feed the fish today!!

Ike said...

Iron Man rules.