Nate's Six Quirks

Thursday, October 16, 2008

1. I'm just a big kid. I could probably sit and play Nintendo for 18 hours a day if nobody bothered me or told me I need to eat or go to school. I almost bought an Optimus Prime Transformer toy yesterday because I thought it looked as cool today as it did when I was 7 years old.

2. Like Gretta and my sis Heather I am a nail biter. My parents tried to get me to stop. They once paid me to grow them out thinking that would break me of the habit, but I just collected my money and bit them back down.

3. I am not an impulse buyer. If I want something and I can afford it I won't buy it. I'll read at least 4 reviews of it online first. Then I'll compare it to similar things and read 4 reviews of those things. Then I'll run price comparisons on every item. Then I'll monitor the prices on EBay. Then Gretta finally says "Just buy it already and quit spending all your time researching the stupid thing." I hate to get ripped off.

4. I hate dressing up. Between work, church, and school I have to wear slacks and a collared shirt 6-7 days per week. My solution: put some casual clothes in the trunk and change ASAP.

5. I spoil my kids. I'm just a sucker to see them smile. I'll go buy a Happy Meal at McDonald's for lunch and ask for the girl toy to give to my girls. I wonder if the McDonald's employees ever wonder why this 28 year old man wants a girl Happy Meal.

6. I love to watch movies. I think I inherited it from my Granpa Woolf who had a HUGE movie library. One year my New Year's resolution was to watch a movie every single day. I didn't seriously think I'd go an entire year, but I did make it to mid-February before I missed a day. We love the Netflix and Redbox and our occasional free HBO weekends. There's nothing better than cuddling up with Gretta and watching a movie. But even when Gretta goes out of town I'll hit the theater by myself.

1 comments:

The Bennett Family said...

I loved all your quirks. Some I didn't know about but nothing too surprising to me, just very funny. I especially love that you buy girl happy meals to get a toy for your kids. You earn the good dad prize of the day!