slip cover

Thursday, February 5, 2009

When I worked at a Furniture store I would talk about how wonderful microfiber was and how it was easy to clean. Now I feel sorry for all the customers I suckered into buying it even myself. It dose clean easily. You can get most things out like pen and chocolate and even blood, but the big problem with it is if you even get a tiny drop of water on it it will look all stained and dirty until you wash the whole cushion back and arms to get it to look all the same. About twice a week I would wash my whole sofa arms back sides and seats. It sucked!!!! I'm not a huge fan of slip covers unless they are customize to each sofa (which I cant afford) but I broke down and got a cheap o one from overstock it was just over $30 to save my sanity.

They sell little foam peices to go in the back and sides to prevent slipping but they were around $25 almost as much as the slip cover and the cheep crafty person that I am decided to find a way to make my own so I cut up pool floaties from the dollar store and put them on the back and sides and this is what I got. It will hold me off buying another sofa until Nate is done with school

6 comments:

sarah louise said...

Good idea.

Weird that I don't have those problems with my micro fiber sofa.

sarah louise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

your so crafty!!!

Kimberlee said...

Again, great idea Gretta.

Simon Says said...

I will always wonder about your facination with white couches and children, but hey if your slip cover gets stained you can always dye it!

The Bennett Family said...

That really looks nice! I'm impressed!